Business on Maui
Over the past 20 years, Maui County has continued to undergo an economic transformation from a market once defined by agriculture, and more recently tourism, to an increasingly diversified economy.
Today Maui is home to some of the best-known companies – Boeing Company, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Lockheed Martin Orincon – award-winning local businesses such as the more than 125-year-old Hawaiian Commercial and Sugar Company (HC&S), and innovative start-ups gaining national recognition.
Maui Business News
- Maui’s Noni Biotech Recognized as Top Exporter by Mayor
- Maui Smart Grid Project Underway
- A123 Systems to Supply Advanced Energy Storage Solution to Maui Electric Company to Support Maui Smart Grid Project
- Pacific Biodiesel Recognized as 2011 Green Job Award Honoree
- Maui Smart Grid Project Now Recruiting Volunteers
Category Archives: Technology
Japan-U.S. Smart Grid project on Maui to demonstrate new technologies focused on the integration of clean energy and electric vehicles Energy partners from the United States and Japan will collaborate on a multimillion dollar smart grid demonstration project on Maui. … Continue reading
For Dr. Ned Davis the prospect of combining a career in engineering with living on Maui felt too good to pass up. Today he finds himself at home in the labs of CrossFiber, a company that specializes in building optical … Continue reading