|Visitor Population||Est. domestic||Est. international|
Business on Maui
Over the past 20 years, Maui County has continued to undergo an economic transformation from a market once defined by agriculture, and more recently tourism, to an increasingly diversified economy.
Today Maui is home to some of the best-known companies – Boeing Company, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Lockheed Martin Orincon – award-winning local businesses such as the more than 125-year-old Hawaiian Commercial and Sugar Company (HC&S), and innovative start-ups gaining national recognition.
Maui Business News
- Maui’s Noni Biotech Recognized as Top Exporter by Mayor
- Maui Smart Grid Project Underway
- A123 Systems to Supply Advanced Energy Storage Solution to Maui Electric Company to Support Maui Smart Grid Project
- Pacific Biodiesel Recognized as 2011 Green Job Award Honoree
- Maui Smart Grid Project Now Recruiting Volunteers