Business on Maui
Over the past 20 years, Maui County has continued to undergo an economic transformation from a market once defined by agriculture, and more recently tourism, to an increasingly diversified economy.
Today Maui is home to some of the best-known companies – Boeing Company, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Lockheed Martin Orincon – award-winning local businesses such as the more than 125-year-old Hawaiian Commercial and Sugar Company (HC&S), and innovative start-ups gaining national recognition.
Maui Business News
- Maui’s Noni Biotech Recognized as Top Exporter by Mayor
- Maui Smart Grid Project Underway
- A123 Systems to Supply Advanced Energy Storage Solution to Maui Electric Company to Support Maui Smart Grid Project
- Pacific Biodiesel Recognized as 2011 Green Job Award Honoree
- Maui Smart Grid Project Now Recruiting Volunteers
Tag Archives: Pacific Disaster Center
Disaster Alert, the free app developed by the Kihei-based Pacific Disaster Center (PDC) for iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch and iPad) and Google’s Android platform, was featured in an article published today in the online version of USA Today. A … Continue reading